Christmas Markets of Germany (Winter 2019 2020)
- Dresden: At the Christmas Market, meet a stallholder and taste the local Christstollen with a glass of Glühwein.
- Munich: Gather with your friends for a festive Celebration Dinner with wine in the fun-loving Bavarian capital.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B) and 4 Dinners (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Dresden: Your guided tour with a Local Expert shows you the Frauenkirche, the colossal 'Procession of the Dukes' mosaic, the cathedral, Semper Opera House and Zwinger Palace. You'll also learn about the traditional German Christmas Pyramids.
Stay in Style
- Nuremberg: The Maritim Hotel Nürnberg awaits you in the immediate vicinity of the historic old city with its numerous monuments and buildings, including the Kaiserburg and a host of fascinating museums.
Top Rated Highlights
- Christmas Markets: Experience the wonderment of the Christmas Markets of each city, some of the oldest in Europe. Shop for local delicacies and drink the heartwarming Glühwein. Keep an eye out for the Nuremberg Plum People and marvel at the Lepizig Christmas Pyramid.
- Berlin: With a Local Expert, explore the highlights of the city. Drive down the Unter den Linden, see Brandenburg Gate, the State Opera House, remnants of the Berlin Wall, Potsdamer Platz and the Reichstag Building.
- Leipzig: Visit Thomaskirche where Bach worked as a Kapellmeister, a conductor, and his remains are now buried.
- Nuremberg: See the distinguishing medieval architecture of the city walls and stone towers of the Alt Stadt, or Old Town.
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber: Fortified by ancient walls, picturesque and unspoiled, Rothenburg ob der Tauber is a fairytale come true at any time of year. It dazzles in December, with its 500-year-old Reiterlesmarkt lending a festive air to the cobbled streets and medieval buildings.
- Munich: During your orientation of the city with your Travel Director, see the Victory Arch, Town Hall and Glockenspiel in Marienplatz.